Precisa ajuda: Audi Cabriolet 1.8turbo

Dear Audi friends,

Sorry for writing in English, but my Portuguese is jus not good enough. My name is Rob, I am from Holland, and I live and work in the Algarve.

Perhaps there is somebody here who can help me out. We have an Audi Cabriolet 2.0 from '97. Two years ago, the engine collapsed and we had to bulit in another one. Together with a dutch mechanic that lived here we decided to bulit in a 1.8T from an A4. Due to circumstances it all took much too long, and some months ago the mechanic went back to Holland. It appears he is not coming back to finish the project...

Things that still need to be done are:
1. electronics (connections to the new computer etc.)
2. intercooler must be build in. (I have a new one, with all tubes ready)
3. ???

If anyone can help me out, or has a good tip about somebody who can, please contact me. (I can read Portuguese)

Muito obrigado!

Rob.

Yesterday I visited some garages. I was advised to go to Silves and speak to Frederic who has a small workshop there and should be very good with electronics. He promised me that he would go and have a look at the car (which is near Silves) but he was a bit reluctant...

So, if anyone has another good tip, please let me know! Either by personal message or by e-mail: rob @ solgarve.com

Many thanks!

If you lived in the north maybe I could help you. Lets hope that a user from algarve reads your post, your problem doesnt look very hard to solve.

Good luck.

Hello friend

Welcome to our forum.

Actually i don't know anyone who can help you in Algarve. Maybe you can find someone who can do something for your car at the center or the north of Portugal.

Unfortunately, the ideal would be that whoever started the project ended it, these changes are still quite complex.. Whoever catches it will have to go back to the beginning.

I will ask to move your post to the right place, which is the "engine".

Best regards and good luck

Hello friend

Welcome to our forum.

Actually i don't know anyone who can help you in Algarve. Maybe you can find someone who can do something for your car at the center or the north of Portugal.

Unfortunately, the ideal would be that whoever started the project ended it, these changes are still quite complex.. Whoever catches it will have to go back to the beginning.

I will ask to move your post to the right place, which is the "engine".

Best regards and good luck

Thanks everyone!

To my regrets I could not find anyone who could help me out. So I have transported the car to Holland where it is now being finished. The car has now already made his first test drive and all is running well! Currently only some minor jobs have to be done, and then it is finally finished and ready for return to Portugal.

We are considering to 'chip the computer', so the engine will go from 150BHP to around 175BHP and also +40-60NM. I will let you know the final result.

Back